How to Add Glyphs and Swashes to Text
In this tutorial, we will learn how to add Glyphs to your fonts using Inkscape, Silhouette Studio or Design Space.
1. Open and install the OTF font to your computer.
2. Launch the Character Map* by going to
Start Menu > Windows > Accessories.
3. Select your font.
4. Under the Advanced View, click Group By and select Unicode Subrange.
5. Set the Unicode Subrange to Private use Characters.
6. Double click the characters you would like and hit Copy.
7. Select the same font and paste the characters into Inkscape, Silhouette Studio or Cricut Design Space.
Join the Free Papercut Design Course Now to Learn More!